1) Child More Comfortable - Younger children or children that are more on the shy side feel much more comfortable having a party at home in familiar surroundings.
2) Time Restraints - Most party places allocate a certain amount of time for your party and you have to be packed up and out of the party place at a certain time, when you have a party at home, you are on your own schedule which alleviates stress.
3) Party Decor - You have more control over the party decor, if you are doing a theme party (such as a jewelry making party) you can transform your house to go with the theme of your party.
4) Privacy – At many birthday party places, they have several parties going on at the same time, when you have the party at home you ensure that all the guests have a chance to meet and spend time together in the your home.
5) No Maximum – Many party places do not allow parents to stay, when the party is at your home, the adults can enjoy the party as well as the kids, this is a great way for you to meet and spend time with your child’s friend’s parents (and the parents can help out at the party, which makes it easier for you!)